Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T #3 Summary

Image of a blended learning collage
Photo by: citsolutions.edu.au


C4T #3 Comment #1: 10/21/14
I was assigned to comment on David Truss's Blog. His blog post is titled "4 Notes on Taking Notes." His post is about a picture that he posted that says "And then the teacher said.. you may take notes" and in the picture the students are using their phone to take a picture of the board. He explains how humorous this picture is because this happens all the time in class! Students would rather take a quick picture on their phone verses writing notes to save time. But also, in Daivid's post he explains how taking a photo of notes really wouldn't do anything to help other students because the information from the image is not "searchable" online. For instance, he says that it would have been smarter for the teacher to upload the file somewhere so the students could download it instead of having to take a picture of it themselves. David says that the teacher could have easily used Google Docs that way the students could create the notes instead of wasting time copying the notes. David explains the benefits that technology comes with and instead of the students just taking a picture, they should have had the opportunity to have access to the files online for further use.

In my comment, I introduced myself to David and told him why I was commenting on his blog post. I complimented him on his post and told him how interesting and engaging it was for me to read. I explained that I got a good laugh out of the picture his post was about and how relatable it is. I told David that I also agree with him on the issue of utilizing the online tools that we have. I explained that through sources like Google Docs, the teacher could have shared the document with the students. That way, the students are able to edit and add to the document, instead of trying to decipher the text from the picture they took of the projector screen. I again complimented David on his engaging post and told him I look forward to reading more of his posts in the future. Lastly, I gave David the links to our class blog and my blog in hopes that he will visit them.

C4T #3 Comment #2: 11/6/14
I was assigned to comment on David Truss's Blog for a second time. This blog post is titled "Not Yet Blended Learning." His post is about the blended learning process, and how it is always changing and evolving. He discusses many different ways that classes could still stay connected with Distributed Learning. This involves the instructor and students being at distance from each other, therefore online tools would benefit the students for staying tuned in and working independently. David also talks about how collaboration is often categorized as being "hard," and most people want to take the easy road instead of what will be most beneficial for them. David gives many suggestions about how to make "Blended Learning" the most effective for a classroom and its students. David also says, "We aren't in a 'teaching business,' rather we are in the 'learning business.'"

In my second comment to David, I introduced myself and told him that I am glad I was able to comment to him again. I first compliment him on his engaging blog post and tell him I enjoyed reading it. I explained that I have not researched a lot on the topic of "Blended Learning," but I am very interested in growing my knowledge about it. I explained to David that he gives so many great examples of how to improve our process of learning and collaborating. I told him that what I read from his post really sparked my attention and it gave me a lot of insight on how we learn. I told him I really like when he said we should make class time more of an event with fun learning experience, rather than a traditional class setting. I told David that I was so glad that I was able to comment on his blog for a second time. Lastly, I gave him the links to our class blog and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment