Sunday, November 23, 2014

C4K Summary for November

Image of a child at the computer with an instructor's hand

Photo by: Kids Learn to Blog


11/2/14: #8 (under moderation)
I was assigned Cameron I's blog. He is in Ms. Stabler's 5th grade class in South Africa. Cameron I's post is titled "Poetry." In his post, Cameron says that in class they have been working with similes and metaphors. He has a poem that uses a simile and another poem that uses a metaphor. He also gives the definitions of a simile and a metaphor.
In my comment to Cameron I, I first introduced myself and told where I am from. I also mentioned how awesome it was that we were able to connect considering our distance from countries. I complimented Cameron I on his post and told him that his poems were very original. I also told him he did a great job describing what similes and metaphors are and why they are used. I continued to say that I look forward to being able to read more of Cameron's posts in the future. I wished him luck in his school year ahead in Ms. Stadler's class, and also to keep up the good work! Lastly, I told Cameron I to feel free to visit our class blog and also my blog.

11/9/14: #9 (under moderation)
I was assigned to Jaida's Blog. She is from Waverly Shell Rock Middle School in Iowa and is in Mrs. Myers 8th grade class. Jaida's blog post that I commented on this week is of 3 photos displaying an art project she did. She also wrote a sentence under the photo slide show saying, this particular project was by far her favorite!

In my comment to Jaida, I introduced myself and told Jaida where I am from. I explained to her that I was assigned to her blog to leave a comment this week. I started my comment to Jaida by complimenting her on the art work that she produced. I told her that I am glad that she had so much fun with this project she has done. I also told told her that I thought the pictures of the art were awesome! I told her that I enjoyed being able to be a part of her blog, where I can see her creativity. I wished her luck on the rest of her school year and told her to keep up the good work! I told her that I look forward to reading more of her posts in the future. Lastly, I told Jaida to feel free to visit our class blog and my blog.

11/16/14: #10
No C4K this week due to Veteran's Day!

11/19/14: #11 (under moderation)
I was assigned to Lindsey's Blog this week. Lindsey is in Mrs. DeBuhr's 7th grad class in Kingsland Middle School, Kingsland, MN. Her most recent post is titled "First Quarter Tourcher." In this post, Lindsey describes how the first quarter is the toughest quarter of the year. She explains that teachers should give students more time to become familiar with the classroom, instead of "drowning" them in homework. In her post, Lindsey also highlights different vocabulary words that she had to use in her post. These words include: novice, repulsive, ecstatic, and winsome. Lindsey also explains that she was very excited to be in class with her friends, but the though of her homework is repulsive to her. She ends with says that in her opinion the first quarter is the hardest, and the second semester will come too soon.
In my comment, I started out by introducing myself and telling Lindsey where I am from. I also started by complimenting her on her great work for this post. I also wanted to give her some motivational lifting to let her know school is also fun and not just about homework. I told Lindsey that it is great that she was also able to insert a few vocabulary words that she was learning. I told her that all of her homework must have really paid off! I ended by telling Lidnsey that she presented great thoughts in this post and that I look forward to reading more of her future posts. Lastly, I gave Lindsey my blog link and also our class blog link.

No comments:

Post a Comment