Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blog Post 5: Part 2


Image of people in a cicle
Photo by: Innovative PD

My PLN

Before EDM310, I had no clue what a personal learning network (PLN) was. Over the course of this semester, I have learned so much about what a PLN is and how to use so many different resources. Since being in EDM310 I have gathered my own PLN on Symbaloo. This website is a great way to keep all of my connections organized and in one place. EDM310 has been so rewarding when it comes to connecting from people all around the world. Through my blog, I was able to connect to so many different teachers and students in places that I could possibly never go, but I could communicate so easily via blogging/commenting. I was able to see what teachers and students were doing in their classes, and learn from them. Reading teacher's blogs is a great way to hear and learn from other educators out there. When reading other teachers' opinions and experiences, it's always interesting to hear their perspectives and learn from their words. As a future teacher, I am always open to new ideas and advice. I also didn't think Twitter could offer that much to me as a teacher, but it is a great way to communicate with other educators from all around the world. Youtube is another huge resource I used throughout this class, and it's a great way to share with a much broader audience. I hope to continue to grow my PLN because it provides so much opportunity for networking farther than I can imagine. As a future teacher, I think that adding to my PLN will only benefit me so much throughout my career. I'm excited to see how much I can continue to build my PLN! EDM310 has taught me so much about everything a PLN has to offer and I'm so glad I was able to learn so much that I can take with me into my career.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin!
    I'm glad to hear how much you've learned from EDM310. I think PLN are great tools to stay connected to other educators and professionals!

    ReplyDelete