Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2 Summary

Image that says create, teach, and share

Photo by: Math Game Time

Post #1: 9/24/14
On this post, I commented on David Wees's Blog. His blog post consisted of a chart titled "20 things every teacher should do" and a few short paragraphs at the end explaining that this list of things should not act as a checklist for teachers, but a starting point for beginning teachers to consider when preparing for the school year.
In my comment, I introduced myself and explained that I was assigned to his blog for my teacher's comment this week. I continued to tell Mr. Wees that I thought this chart would really help me as I begin my journey as an educator. I also told Mr. Wees that my favorite point from this chart was to "Learn something new every day." I think that it is so important for us, as teachers, to remember that because we are not just teaching but also learning as well. I also complimented Mr. Wees on his blog and how organized and well written it is. I closed my comment by saying that I will look forward to reading more of his blog posts, and that I was excited to learn something new from them. Lastly, I invited him to look at My Blog and also our EDM 310 Class Blog.

Post #2: 10/10/14
On this post, I commented on David Wees's Blog. His blog post is titled "Self-directed Workshops" and consists of a paragraph explaining that he created two Google slide presentations to be used as self-directed workshops for Math Education. Mr. Wees explains that he created these presentations for a workshop he is facilitating this weekend in San Francisco. Also, the two presentations are provided on this blog post for public use. One is titled "Programming in Math Class" and the other is titled "Free Tools for Math Education." I viewed the presentations, and they were very interesting to me because I wasn't very familiar with the information he was teaching on the slides.
In my comment, I introduced myself and explained how I was assigned to comment on his blog for a second time. I continued by complimenting Mr. Wees on his blog post and told him that I enjoyed learning something new about programming and different math tools. I told Mr. Wees that I thought the presentations that he made would be very helpful to teachers and other individuals who want to learn more about Math Education. I also complimented him by saying how informative his posts are and how I was glad I was introduced to his blog because I was able to learn something new. In closing, I told Mr. Wees to feel free to visit My Blog and also the EDM 310 Class Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment