Sunday, September 14, 2014

Project 4 C4T Summary

C4T#1 Post #1 Summary
On this post, I commented on Sandi's blog Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes. The post was about the book "Tap the Magic Tree" by: Christie Matheson. This book is about the many processes that an apple tree undergoes in the different seasons. Her post also includes several different activities for in the classroom that could go along with this book. I learned from the post that the book is very interactive with students because of the books "magical process" that the apple tree undergoes, in which the children can tap, blow, and rub the book pages.
I then commented on her blog post Book Report: Tap the Magic Tree. In my comment I left to Sandi, I introduced who I was and how I found out about her blog, which was through this class. I explained how I was assigned to comment on her blog for my assignment for the next 2 weeks. I told her that I enjoyed reading her post about "Tap the Magic Tree" because the book was new to me and seemed like a good book for young children. I thanked her for including sources for activities that go along with the book because I could possibly need them one day. Lastly, I also complimented Sandi on how organized her blog is and how it made me want to read more on her blog. Her blog is very neat, organized, and easy to find everything.

C4T#1 Post #2 Summary
On this second post, I commented on Sand's blog post Tree Block Alphabet. This post was about turning tree branches into an alphabet learning tool for young children. It consists of a few easy steps: finding good tree branches t cut down, cutting the branches into circular blocks, sanding the blocks, and then writing capital letters on one side and lower case on the other.
In my comment I left for Sandi, I started out with a personal encouragement for her to show my support to her in her time on the picket line at her school. In my comment, I also expressed how I love this project and how I will hopefully use this creative learning tool in my own classroom to help my students with the alphabet in a fun way. I also thanked Sandi for sharing her creative ideas through her blog because I've enjoyed reading about new things to take to the classroom that are fun and new to me. Lastly, I shared my blog link and our class blog link with her to encourage Sandi to view them, and also my summary post that I am creating and publishing on 9/14/14.

Image of tree blocks with letters on each block

Image of the book
Photo by: Tree Block Alphabet


Second photo by: Tap the Magic Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment