Thursday, September 25, 2014

C4K Summary for September

Image of kids arms holding up letters spelling out blogging
Photo by: Kids Learn To Blog


C4K Summary: September

C4K Post #1: 9/15/14
I commented on Grace's Blog from Auckland, NZ. The post that I commented on was about a "Immersion Assembly" held at her school. She explains how it was fun for her, her classmates, and her teachers. During this assembly, there are different "Teams" and each team shows a movie (play/skit) to a certain topic. Her team's topic was "Sound." She explains that her favorite performance was Team 5. Also, her favorite part of the assembly was to get to see her friends.
In my comment I left on this post, I first introduced myself and why I was commenting on her blog. I said how awesome it was to read someone's blog from Auckland, NZ considering I have never been out of the States. In my comment I also mentioned her grammatical errors, but in a positive way. I wanted to make sure I could offer my suggestions to help her recognize her errors when she is writing. I suggested that she re-read her blog post two or three times before publishing it, so she could self correct as best as she could. I ended with encouragement and telling her that her post about the "Immersion Assembly" was very interesting and a great way to unify the classes at their school. Lastly, I closed by giving her best wishes for her new school term and I also provided her with the links to our class blog and my blog.

C4K Post #2: 9/18/14
This C4K comment is under moderation, therefore it does not show to the public yet.
I commented on Javon's Blog. He is a student that lives in Virginina and is in 8th grade with his teacher Madame Thomas.
In my comment, I made compliments to him about what he wrote. He wrote the sentence "love everyday, every minutes, every second." I thanked him for sharing such a positive quote on his blog. I went on to tell Javon that people really need to read something like this everyday to help motivate them to do their best in everything they do that day. I also told Javon that it was great of him to share such positivity on his blog post. It really caught my eye when I read this and I was thinking "wow I need to remember this everyday." I think that a sentence so small can make the world of difference, especially coming from a young child.

C4K Post #3: 9/23/14
This C4K comment is under moderation, therefore it also did not show up to the public yet. I commented on Chase M's Blog. His blog was about comparing working hard to achieve certain goals verses having talent. He explains that people who have to work hard to achieve their goals, in turn appreciate what they do more. On the other hand, Chase M explains that people who have the natural talent tend to throw away their success because they didn't have to work hard to achieve their goal.
In my comment, I complimented him on his blog post and related back to what he wrote about. He used very good format for contrasting his two paragraphs. I told him that I agreed with him in the fact that people who work hard to achieve their goals are more appreciative of their success, rather than thinking you have the talent and would waste it. I gave him the link to my personal blog for this class and told him he should check it out sometime. I also gave him the link to our class blog, so maybe he will visit it. Overall, the comment I left was very uplifting to him and recognizing his own handwork that he put into this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robin.
    My name is Kaitlyn,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. You showed me that you are very good at giving criticism is a nice way. I love how you were very up lifting toward these students and helped them realize their potential.
    I didn't really see any problems with your spelling or grammar. I would say you did a great job commenting and summarizing.
    Thanks so much.
    Kaitlyn.

    ReplyDelete