Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Blog Post


I. Who am I?
A. Where I have lived
B. My major interests
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Teaching children
C. Attending USA
1. Only 2 hours from home
2. Friendly campus
D. Personal Information
1. 20 years old
2. Live in Saraland, AL
E. Family Information
1. Lived with my mom and brother
2. Own 3 dogs

II. Why I want to enter the field of Education
A. Always love working with children
B. Learning new things everyday
C. Improving the minds of children

III. An educator in the 21st Century
A. Teaching through technology
B. Collaborative teaching through hands-on activities
C. Teaching through creativity

IV. My Passions
A. Teaching children
B. My kids from the daycare

V. Other important things about me


My name is Robin Hinson and I am a Junior majoring in Elementary Education. I have lived in
Montgomery, AL all of my life and I love it. I love spending time with my family, hanging out with friends, and teaching my kids from work. I work at Satsuma Christian School/Daycare part-time when I'm not in class and I love being able to learn from them and watch them grow everyday. The reason I chose South Alabama was because it's only 2 hours away from my hometown, therefore I can visit frequently. Also, when picking South I loved the friendly environment and everything South had to offer. Back home, I live with my mom, my brother, and my 2 Yorkie puppies that are also apart of the family that I miss everyday I'm away from them. But while I'm attending South I live in Saraland, AL which is about a 20 minute commute to South.

I chose my major of Elementary Education because one of my passions is working with and teaching children. I love learning, and being a teacher I would not only be teaching children, but also learning something new everyday myself. In the 21st Century today, I believe that ways of teaching have grown and changed so much even in the last 10 years alone. Technology is a huge tool that has improved our classrooms rapidly. Also hands-on activities and creativity play major roles in teaching. As an educator, I believe in learning every useful teaching technique I can in order to improve the learning of my students. To share a little more about me and my passions, I believe I have many passions not just one. Although if I had to say my biggest passion it would be my family. I am beyond grateful for their support with everything I do. My many passions include my family, my friends, and teaching children along with my Preschool kids at work. Some people may say "you must have a passion for teaching to become a teacher because we know you're not doing it for the money" and they are right. It is a passion driven career and I am excited to see where it takes me and what opportunities await.



Source: Photo by Robin Hinson

No comments:

Post a Comment