Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post #1

I have heard a few things about EDM 310 from people and most say that this class is very time consuming and overwhelming. I think my major fear about this class is not doing a project correctly. Although I have a MacBook, I'm not very familiar with iMovie and other tools that we will use. I think EDM 310 is most definitely different from my other classes I've had at South because not only are all assignments online, but are through a blog. I've never had to write on a blog so it's a bit intimidating. In other classes, I have had assignments online but to an extent they are quizzes or short posts and not lengthy projects like I know this class entails. I think that the most difficult thing for me in EDM 310 will be managing my time. This semester I have several classes that take up my time, but I have to manage my time so that I can get everything done in each class. I think that at times I will become overwhelmed with projects and assignments, but to overcome this difficulty I will plan through everything I have to complete and manage my time wisely so that I accomplish ever task. The aspect of putting in hours for EDM 310 may be difficult at first, but I believe it is possible although it may be challenging at times. So far, I don't really know how to put into words the questions I have about this class. My questions may possibly just be fear of this class, but through the weeks I think that my questions will be answered when I start to complete projects and really see how the class works.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, I definitely understand your concern about how to manage time for assignments and tests for other classes. This was actually the same thing I wrote about. I would definitely suggest a day planner, it is a great way to stay organized and keep up with future assignments and deadlines. Good luck this semester, I'm sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Although I have a MacBook, I'm not very familiar with iMovie and other tools that we will use." You will become familiar with them. There are some great tutorials out there for you to view. The lab assistants are also here to help you.

    ReplyDelete